- 1 pound shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups dried grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Mix 3/4 cup flour, egg, baking powder and beer together into a medium bowl with a wire whisk. Mix other ingredients together in separate bowl to make coating mix.
Dip shrimp individually into the batter and then roll in the coating.
Deep-fry. Allow to drain on paper towel.
Serve with various dips: . honey-soy sauce-Tabasco, honey mustard,
or orange marmalade and ginger.
©2002 Rick McDaniel